- Chambers of Commerce
- Highland Park
- St. Charles
- Lake Forest
- Diamond Brite
- Noble Tile
- Craig Bragdy Designs
- Classic Pool Tile & Stone
federal pool and spa safety act
Platinum Pools is ready to make your pool a safer place for children and adults by complying with the new safety requirements for safe drain covers and anti-entrapment systems.
The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act promotes the safe use of pools, spas and hot tubs by imposing mandatory federal requirements for suction entrapment avoidance and by establishing a voluntary grant program for states with laws that meet certain minimum requirements as outlined in the Act. Effective December 20, 2007, the Act is being administered by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- By December 20, 2008, the Act requires:
- Safety Drain Covers. Each swimming pool or spa drain cover manufactured, distributed, or entered into commerce in the United States shall conform to the American National Standard ASME A112.19.8 - 2007 Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). Compliance with this Standard will be enforced by the CPSC as a consumer product safety rule.
- Public Pool Drain Covers. Each public pool and spa (as defined), both new and existing, shall be equipped with drain covers conforming to the ASME/ANSI A112.19.8 - 2007 Standard described above.
- Public Pool Drain Systems. Each public pool and spa (pump) with a single main drain, other than an unblockable drain, shall be equipped with one or more additional devices or systems designed to prevent suction entrapment that meet the requirements of any applicable ASME/ANSI Standard or applicable consumer product safety rule. In addition to a compliant drain cover, such additional devices or systems include a safety vacuum release system (SVRS), or suction limiting vent system, or gravity drainage system, or automatic pump shutoff system, or drain disablement, or other system determined by the CPSC to be equally effective in preventing suction entrapment.